About Our Resort
Originally built on one of Old Bagan’s prime Ayeyarwaddy(Irrawaddy) riverside locations, the resort started as a guesthouse of the Burma Airways Corporation in the 1958. The property is now undergoing a makeover to turn it into a resort of international appeal. Occupying a vantage site on the banks of the Ayeyarwaddy(Irrawaddy) River and revelling in space and privacy, the Aye Yar River View Resort is an ideal destination for a family holiday, individual solitude and self-renewal or intimate holiday for the hopeless romantics. The idyllic tropical setting, irresistible charm of the romantic moonlit horse carriage rides and sunset over the Ayeyarwaddy(Irrawaddy) drinks, fun-filled activities and resort facilities but most of all, your well-being and comfort assured by our ever-attentive service hosts – these are the vital ingredients in our unique cocktail for an invigorating holiday and your many memorable moments at The Aye Yar River View Resort and Bagan.
Located in the heart of Old Bagan and on the eastern bank of Ayeyarwaddy(Irrawaddy) River.10 minutes drives from Nyaung Oo Airport. The resort sits on a sprawling 10 acres of tropical gardens completed with a scenic 300-meters riverfront.
Build on one of Old Bagan’s Ayeyarwaddy(Irrawaddy) prime riverside locations. The Aye Yar River View Resort started operated as a guesthouse of the Burma Airways Corporation in 1958. The Hotel is now under going a make over to turn it into a resort of international appeal.
- Contemporary design with three wings of guestrooms suites and a spa resort activities centre and conference and banqueting facilities.
- Hotel Rooms and suites offer spectacular views of ancient pagodas or the Ayeyarwaddy(Irrawaddy) river or swimming pool and landscaped gardens.
- Access to the AyeYarwaddy(Irrawaddy) river front.
- Proximity to ancient pagodas and other Bagan attractions.
- The Hotel Rooms have been refurbished and upgraded. Decor is classic contemporary with overtones of ancient Bagan culture.
- Spa Ayeyawaddy
- Assisting for sightseeing and boat trip
- Visa card is acceptable / Visa credit card accepted
- 5 minutes walking distance to Bu Pagoda
- 15 minutes from Nyaung Oo Airport
- Bicycle and Electric Bicycle rental
- International buffet breakfast
- Authentic Myanmar, Thai, Chinese cuisines and western food
- Special gift to Honeymooner
- Afternoon High Tea
- Sunset Bar
- X’mas Eve Gala Dinner
- New Year Eve Gala Dinner with Special Entertainment
Address: Near Bu Pagoda, Old Bagan, Mandalay Division